How do frog legs affect jumping distance?

In summary, the biologist found that the frog with no legs had the same jumping ability as the frog with four legs.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Fun for Molecular Biologists :)

Seeking romance

#1 I’ve been single-stranded too long! Lonely ATGCATG would like to pair up with congenital TACGTAC.

#2 Menage a trois! Ligands seeks two receptors into binding and mutual phosphorylation. Let’s get together and transduce some signals.

#3 Some dates have called me a promotor. Others have referred to me as a real operator. Personally, I think I’m just a cute piece of DNA who is still looking for that special transcription factor to help me unwind.

#4 Highly sensitive, orally active small molecule seeks stable well-structured receptor who knows size isn’t everything.

#5 There must be a rational way to meet a date! I’m tired of hanging out in those molecular diversity bars, hoping to randomly bump into the right peptide. I want a molecule that will fit right onto my active site and really turn me on. I’ll send you my crystal structure if you send me yours!

#6 Gene therapy graduate. After years of producing nothing but gibberish, I’ve shed my exons and ready to express my introns. All I need is a cute vector to introduce me to the right host.

#7 My RNA, I’m sorry I misread your UAAUAAUAA and inserted three tyrosine’s when you repeatedly asked me to stop. Something got lost in the translation. Please forgive me.

#8 Naked DNA with sticky ends seeks kanamycin-resistant plasmid. EcoR1 sites preferred.

#9 Uninhibited virus seeks reason to make me shed my protein coat.

#10 This very selective oligonucleotide has been probing for just the right target for long-term hybridization.

#11 Mature cells seeks same who still enjoys cycling and won’t go apoptotic on me. Let’s fight senescence together!

#12 I’m a prolific progenitor with great potential for growth and self-renewal. Call me if you’re a potent hematopoietic factor who still believes in endless nights of colony stimulation.

#13. I don’t always express myself of the surface, but I’m looking for a signal that you appreciate my complexity. Send me the right message that will penetrate my membranes, turn on my protein expression and release my potential energy.

unfortunately, author unknown

Biology news on Phys.org
Lol. We do need a nobel prize for humor, don't we?

These are HILARIOUS!

Where did you find them?

It was posted in the department office,

I then typed in a sentence on the internet and it is out there :) I really wonder who came up with that stuff because it is REALLY good huh?

Originally posted by Mentat
These are HILARIOUS!

Where did you find them?
What passes for humor on the subject of molecular biology...

Last edited:
Not bad.

Back in the days of Bio110 recitation we used to chuckle at the way enzymes binded allosterically. The drawings the TA had on the board were... suggestive, to say the least.

lol, that was good. i didn't understand 1 or 2 of them, but the rest were absolute s&g hehe

That was great. I'm going to share it with with my friends at work.

lol It is a nice humor full of imagination.:wink:

please!

Monique said:
Seeking romance

#2 Menage a trois! Ligands seeks two receptors into binding and mutual phosphorylation. Let’s get together and transduce some signals.

unfortunately, author unknown

V funny monique :biggrin: :rofl:

Could I aks something? What does Menage a trois mean? I used to know and now it is sooo annoying that it's at the tip of my tongue but i can't remember! anyone?

Menage a trois: threesome.

LOL...oh yeah!

... oh no ... how embaressing [shyface]

Original message was hilarious. lol

Those were great. I really enjoyed #1 on the list.

Thanks for the laugh this morning :smile:

What I find funny about these jokes is that I get them and my parents don't. :rofl:

Cheers for those. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

That's seriously funny. Thanks Monique! Really made my day...it's not been fun...

LOL.. that is all i have to say :)

i love bio jokes :) thanks monique

The teacher asks, "Jessica, what part of the human body increases ten times when excited?"
Jessica blushes and says, "That's disgusting, I won't even answer that question."

The teacher calls on Johnny: "What part of the human body increases ten times when excited?"
"That's easy," says Johnny. "It's the pupil of the eye."

"Very good, Johnny," responds the teacher. "That's correct."
She then turns to Jessica and says, "First, you didn't made your homework. Second, you have a dirty mind. And third, you're in for a BIG disappointment."

Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same thing as division.
It has recently been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

A biologist was interested in studying how far bullfrogs can jump. He brought a bullfrog into his laboratory, set it down, and commanded, "Jump, frog, jump!"
The frog jumped across the room.
The biologist measured the distance, then noted in his journal, "Frog with four legs jumped eight feet."

Then he cut the frog's front legs off. Again he ordered, "Jump, frog, jump!"
The frog struggled a moment, then jumped a few feet.
After measuring the distance, the biologist noted in his journal, "Frog with two legs jumped three feet."

Next, the biologist cut off the frog's back legs. Once more, he shouted, "Jump, frog, jump!"
The frog just lay there.
"Jump, frog, jump!" the biologist repeated.
Nothing.
The biologist noted in his journal, "Frog with no legs - lost its hearing."

1. What is "Fun for Molecular Biologists"?

"Fun for Molecular Biologists" is a collection of activities, games, and resources designed specifically for molecular biologists to help them learn and engage with the subject in a fun and interactive way.

2. Who can benefit from "Fun for Molecular Biologists"?

Anyone with an interest in molecular biology, from students to professionals, can benefit from "Fun for Molecular Biologists". It is especially useful for those looking for a more enjoyable and engaging way to learn and practice molecular biology concepts.

3. How can "Fun for Molecular Biologists" help with learning and understanding molecular biology?

By using interactive activities, games, and resources, "Fun for Molecular Biologists" can help learners better visualize and understand complex molecular biology concepts. It also provides a more engaging and enjoyable learning experience, which can improve retention and understanding.

4. Are the activities and games in "Fun for Molecular Biologists" scientifically accurate?

Yes, all activities and games in "Fun for Molecular Biologists" are designed and reviewed by molecular biologists to ensure scientific accuracy. They are also regularly updated to reflect the latest research and findings in the field.

5. Can "Fun for Molecular Biologists" be used for teaching in a classroom setting?

Yes, "Fun for Molecular Biologists" can be a valuable tool for teachers and professors looking to make their lessons more interactive and engaging. It can also be used as a supplement to traditional teaching methods to reinforce key concepts and engage students in a different way.

Back